Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Minecraft birthday

Grant is in love with this video game called Minecraft, so why not have a minecraft party right!? It was a very easy party to put together, the game pretty much does it itself. It was simple but fun! And now I'm exhausted, and ready to relax!

His invitations were just a copy of a creeper that I cut out from google images and pasted on cardstock. Very simple, and cute.

The first thing we had the kids do when they arrived was go down into the basement for a little creeper tag. We found a pdf file on the internet for the Steve face and printed them at Kinkos, and then pasted them on a 11X11X11 box. Turned out super cute. Then we had an extra box that I painted to make a creeper face.  And just for a little background and a safety place to hide from the creeper I made a castle out of boxes that  I painted grey. It was their favorite game.



I then had the kiddos watch some videos about the game so they all knew how the game was played, and just for fun.  I told my boy to only invite boys that knew what the game was.  Turns out...it is a pretty popular game.  Good thing I put a cap of 7 (for the age he is).


We then made some swords crafted from boxes and some duct tape....which I forgot to get a picture of.....
Next we headed back downstairs for a little Creeper slaying AKA smashing the creeper piniata.  It was quit sad all the work I had put into it.  But the boys loved it!!!!



                                                                    My poor Piniata.


We then had Cake and Ice cream and food.  Which I  just made the cake from some circular pans and cut the circles into squares and piled them onto eachother.  I think it turned out pretty cute considering I didn't really want to put that much effort into it (that's horrible I know).





                                                         Opening his presents.

 And then we had a dance party from all the music videos they have on youtube about Minecraft.
Then sent them on their merry way home doped with sugar and hyped up!!!!!  Because I'm that nice!!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Where did you get the individually wrapped cookies? Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl in my church made them. She is so talented. You can like her FB page...it's called Well Mixed-sweet treats. Her name is Megan and she is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is AMAZING! My son isn't turning 7 until June and is already saying that he wants a Minecraft party. I plan on coming back here quite often for inspiration between now & then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture of each kids wearing the Steve masks, did you make those???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you link the pdf/site for the Steve heads please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! I got the Steve heads from this guys site. He has all the instructions. We just took the files to Kinkos and printed them there and bought some boxes and glued them on. Good luck and have fun!
    http://www.stevelange.net/2011/10/24/making-your-own-minecraft-steve-head-from-pdfs/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. Thanku. My son will b thanking u :)his 8th bday is next month. This helps me so much!

    ReplyDelete

Friends