Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Carousel birthday for big girl!

It seems just yesterday I was blogging about her 3rd birthday, and it only seems a short while ago she was born. This getting old business is not good, time flies way much faster then I would like. I guess with that thought, we are meant to cherish every moment we can in our lives, because we will never have as many as we would like. I think to myself daily, just how much I wish I could slip some sort of stunt growth hormone into my kids drinks so that maybe they can stay the way the are....but that sounds horrible at the same time. The beauty in life is watching something/someone grow. I really have enjoyed watching my kids take their first scoot, crawl, walk, jump, cartwheel, their first tooth, their first tooth to loose, or ride their bikes for the first time with out training wheels. It is crazy how sometimes it feels like time is dragging on, and you look at your kids, and think they look pretty much the same. But when you actually take the time to reflect they are constantly growing, and seeing the change in them seems slow, but it is, actually, very very fast. I am so grateful for my beautiful kids, and to be their mother. There is no better gift in this world than to be a parent.
Yesterday we celebrated miss Sydney's 4th birthday. We went to the Hogle Zoo for her birthday. She loves loves loves horses, and carousels, so I decided what better gift then to take her to the zoo and ride the carousel. The kids had a ton of fun!

This girl has so much personality that we just can never get enough of.

She's 4!!
The things we just love about our miss Sydney: she is very giving, and kind, very very easy going. She says some of the funniest things with so much personality behind it that it makes it hard at times to not laugh, especially when we shouldn't. She is very sassy, but obedient. She is very caring for others, and loves to love, and play with others. Sometimes it is kind of sad watching her ask others kids "want to be my friend" and then watching the other kids just stare at her like she is weird. She isn't afraid to be others friend and that is awesome, especially love the fact that it doesn't bother her that she was rejected,  she just bounces back and tries to find someone else. She loves to eat, but only sweets....she has even said that " I love junk food and that is all I'm going to eat forever". She is the most incredibly stubborn child ever. We were having dinner at the grandparents one night and she would not eat her dinner, so we said fine, no dessert, she didn't seem to care. She then went outside, and a 1/2 hr later we went looking for her and found her at her friends house, which she had told them they we didn't feed her dinner and she was hungry. They had given her some crackers and cookies.....NICE!  She does seem to know how to get her way, and she definitely knows how to play her mama. Her teacher actually mentioned to me one day after pre-k that she could tell that she was a younger child, obviously because she gets whatever she wants. So we decided that she needed more structure and by that I mean some. By the end of a really structured week she was so mad she told me that she wanted a new mommy and daddy and that my friend Jessica would do just fine for her.  Never a dull moment with this girl. OH how we love her!!!



The girls put on a show, and Sydney was using the pole to her advantage..... : /

She loves her daddy!












Sydney was tickling Jax's feet with a feather.





They were having a Hula hooping party at the zoo, the kids joined in!

She is just too cute for words.
Happy Birthday sweet girl we love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends