Monday, June 20, 2011

Rhine river trip

Living on the Rhine is a great luxury. There is so much beauty to be found here! This father's day we took a Rhine river cruise to celebrate our daddy! The castles on the rhine are absolutely beautiful and it is a must when visiting Germany. Just a few pictures of how fun and wonderful it was to be able to see.





Little town Rüdesheim very cute, and very touristy.












We started in Rudesheim and went all the way up to Loreley, and then back to Rudesheim. It took about 5hrs. We ended up meeting a national guard unit from UT and talked with them for a good time. It is funny how you can tell when a person is an american over here. Aside from the english they're usually the loud ones and usually a lot friendlier and not so serious. It was a lot of fun meeting them. I have been dreading going back to the states just because I really love to travel, but after yesterday and talking with them a bit, I feel a little more excited to leave and to actually talk to people around me when we go somewhere. Sometimes you can feel isolated over here where no one you can really relate to outside of the friends we've made from church.

Blake is such a wonderful father for our children. He is very patient and understanding with them, and the kids just love him. I could not have asked for a better father for these kids.
Thank you Blake for all you do for our family to keep us safe and happy. I hope your day was as wonderful as it was for us, we're very happy to celebrate a great day with a great dad!

We will miss leaving here. It has been a wonderful experience for our family. I hope one day we will make it back here to see all the wonderful people we've met in our short time here.

1 comment:

  1. you guys are so adventurous! I wish I could have come out there sometime to visit:( I'm so excited to see you guys in a little over a week!! Looks like you had a way fun time out there. I cant believe what they charged you at that pizza place! The kids are so cute and so big!! Mason is so excited to see them. love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Friends